The Hardware Test Engineering Team is looking for a Lab Technician with a solid background the electrical and mechanical aspects of automated equipment. They will be responsible for characterization builds, retrofit, and troubleshooting of complex test stations. These stations will consist of a PLC controlling motion stages, robotics, and optical instruments. A successful candidate must be a high-energy tactical execution expert and a team player, with a friendly can-do attitude. Highly organized with strong analytical capabilities and communication skills, independently motivated, a resourceful individual with the ability to prioritize and excel in a fast paced environment.
• Station equipment preparation and setup (instruments, cables, fixtures, station SW install, network setup etc...)
• Act as laser safety officer and handle all laser safety practices.
• Organize, audit, and manage a lab equipment assets, HW prototypes, supplies and tools to ensure high productivity for multiple engineering teams.
• Enforce lab safety and compliance policies.
• Build characterization stations on optical tables or using 80/20 hardware.
• Retrofit stations with new hardware and conduct alignment procedures using measuring tools and gauge blocks.
• Set up data acquisition systems using a PLC.
• Work closely on site or remotely with vendor support to retrofit stations and bring up new stations.
• Troubleshoot station problems that occur in software, electrical or mechanical systems.
Education + Experience
• Familiarity with proper laboratory safety and housekeeping practices.
• Excellent communication in English (written and verbal).
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Make measurements using calibers micrometers gauge blocks and other metrology tools.
• Troubleshoot electrical systems using DMM, Oscilloscope and signal generator.
• Conduct mechanical assembly using hand and power tools. Preferred skills.
• CAD: Ability to review designs, pull off critical dimensions, modify drawings, and create solid models and drawings for fabrication.
• Software: Ability to create and modify software scrips.
• PLC: Familiar with operation, setup, and programming.