We are seeking an experienced Linux Administrator to join our Operations Team. The Linux Administrator needs to have a deep and broad knowledge of computer software, hardware, and networks and will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting our company's on-premise and cloud-based infrastructure. Lastly, this individual will maintain the essentials such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, cloud servers, email, laptop, and desktop computers.
- Create step-by-step procedure documentation with screenshots.
- Updating existing documentation and identifying and drafting new documentation where appropriate.
- Distill work into discreet packages for execution by other team members.
- Stay up to date on best practices involving our infrastructure and recommend changes to keep systems and infrastructure secure and robust.
- Work under guidance in the specification, procurement, installation, and configuration of server and network software and hardware.
- Monitor and diagnose infrastructure and system integrity.
- Using independent problem-solving skills: analyze issues, determine possible courses of action, and take steps to resolve them with an eye to long term consequences.
- Use available monitoring and diagnostic tools to proactively identify potential issues before they affect end users and recommend new toolso Evaluate and modify the system's performance.
- Monitor network traffic for suspicious behavior.
- Maintain the integrity of the cloud infrastructure, server deployment, and security.
- Identify weak points and prepare plans to put improvements in place.
- Research and diagnose problems that cannot be immediately resolved, working with software, hardware, and service vendors to open and resolve support cases where necessary to Minimize downtime of IT services by one or more of:
- Planning maintenance windows during minimal use windows.
- HA Failover / clustering.
Education + Experience
- Experience with Linux is a MUST.
- Experience with Active Directory, DNS, NTP, and Syslog, SSH/SFTP.
- Ability to write scripts in a scripting language (example bash, csh, PowerShell ).
- Relational Database Experience (SQL), SAN, NAS, VM.
- Transportation / Logistics Experience (nice to have).